Bees have been in the news a lot lately, and not for good reasons. Colony collapse disorder has been debated around the world, with fingers being pointed at many culprits. Not only does this crisis affect our overall food production, but it also hampers the production of one of nature’s richest and most healing superfoods. Let’s check in on the healing benefits of bee pollen.
Bee Pollen Nutritional Profile
Bee pollen is considered one of nature’s most complete foods. It contains nearly all the nutrients required by humans and about half of its 40% protein content is in the form of free amino acids and is highly bioavailable to the human body.
Bee pollen helps correct diets that are nutrient deficient or imbalanced through its remarkable nutrient profile that is not only comprehensive but also very well balanced. It contains the richest known source of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, hormones, enzymes and fats, as well as significant quantities of natural antibiotics.
Note the spectrum of nutrients in this miraculous superfood:
• A rich source of carotenoids (which convert to vitamin A)
• Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin E
• Calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, silicon, sulphur and 59 other trace minerals
• 22 amino acids, which contain five to seven times the amino acids found in equal weights of beef, milk, eggs or cheese
• Enzymes including amylase, catalase, cozymase, cytochrome, dehydrogenase, diaphorase, diastase, lactic acids, pectase and phosphatase
In a malnourished society, incorporating bee pollen into your diet with its exceptional vitamin, mineral, amino acid and enzyme profile could go a long way in filling in the gaps of your day to day nutrition.
Healing action of bee pollen
The overall effects of bee pollen are comprehensive, as it appears to activate systemic biological functions rather than focusing on one physiological area. After many years of testing, bee pollen has also been noted as lacking any harmful side effects, and it is easily digestible and suitable for all ages.
The many healing properties of bee pollen include:
• Promotes growth of healthy new cells
• Encourages increased tissue repair
• Enhances toxin elimination
• Reduces cholesterol levels
• Regulates blood pressure
• Increases resistance to infections
• Stabilizes the nervous system
• Improves fertility in women
• Retards growth of tumors
• Eliminates excessive calcium deposits
• Helps release excessive uric acid
• Promotes skin tissue growth and counteracts wrinkling
• Increases calmness and relaxation
• Promotes increased concentration and memory
• Enhances sexual activity
• Promotes increased strength, stamina, endurance and energy levels
• Combats cancer, diabetes, arthritis and depression
Considering that all disease is partially rooted in nutrient deficiency, it is no wonder why this nutrient-dense superfood has such a positive effect on all the biological functions of the body.
How to use bee pollen in your diet
When deciding to incorporate bee pollen into your healthy lifestyle, there are a few factors you want to consider, including buying it raw (not pasteurized) and as local as possible.
You also want to take care that you do not heat the bee pollen at higher temperatures (above 105°F), as it will destroy the delicate enzymes and vitamin C content.
A great way to incorporate bee pollen into your diet is by simply eating the granules themselves, or incorporating them into smoothies, yogurt, trail mixes, cereal and oatmeal. We put them in our superfood power bites to round out a nutrient dense and delicious snack.
Considering the positive effects that bee pollen can have on our diet, and the fact that bees pollinate many of the world’s crops, let’s do our best to support the industry and feel better physically in the process.
Is it time for you to finally feel good?
There are no shortage of things that are causing us harm, and they seem to be more prevalent than those things that are doing us good. Trying to navigate between unhealthy and healing foods, and the hundreds of other factors that influence our health, is time consuming, draining, and often frustrating.
This is where we crush the confusion and deliver programs and information that allows you to finally see the truth behind being healthy. It all starts with our one of a kind coaching programs.